This is a sliding roof observatory shed and these are becoming very popular with enthusiasts across the country. This particular observatory has the roof sliding forward over the door opening. A removable floor was also supplied that had a space within it to allow access for the pillar mounted telescope. The roof slides easily on bearing wheels and is completely weather proof and extremely secure.
The main features of this building are:
- 22mm T&G cladding on a heavy duty frame
- Single frame, ledge and braced door with a Rim lock
- Bolted hinges for security
- Decorative bargeboards
- Roll on, Roll off observatory pent roof with support frame
All our sheds, workshops or garages are manufactured in our own workshops to the highest of standards in the old fashioned way. Each building is lovingly hand made by trained carpenters with selected, 5th grade redwood cladding on a substantial heavy duty frame. Every building is made specifically for a customer on order and is tailored to your own individual requirements.
All our own manufactured buildings feature the following as standard;
- Heavy duty framing of 2"x2" (50 x 50mm) through out. The timber is high grade and is planed smooth.
- Clad in 22mm 5th Grade matching Tongue and Grooved, well seasoned Swedish red wood pine to ensure relatively knot free boards. An option of Tanalising is available. The boards are secured to the framing by high quality galvanised nails.
- Roofs are manufactured from 12mm tongue and groove boards of the same quality as our cladding. Our roofs are then covered with 20kg green roofing felt as standard however a higher quality, heavy duty felt is available as are felt tiles. Roofs can even be adapted to take heavier coverings such as clay pan tiles.
- Floors: Are of 12mm tongue and groove boarding as standard. A 22mm Board is available if required for extra durability. The floor is supported on close centred 2"x1½" (50 x 38mm) rough sawn pressure treated floor joists.
- Windows: All our windows are hand made in the old fashioned way using mortice and tennon joints and secured with high quality wood glue and star dowells. Each window has drip sills under the glass. The glass is beaded with mitred beading on a bed of silicone. Double glazing can also be supplied if required
- Doors: Standard doors are 5'10" high x 2'6" wide (1554 x 792mm) made from 12mm tongue and groove boards on a fully framed, ledged and braced structure and hung on three galvanized tee hinges. All doors are fitted with a rim keyed lock and round handle as standard. Drip strips above for added weather protection
If you are interested in a bespoke shed then please contact us to discuss your own requirements such as the layout of the building, as many permeations are possible. You may have additional requirements such as alternative cladding, security hinges, double doors, stable doors, heavy duty locks, security windows or skylights. Several other options are also available; strengthened floors, partitions, and even roll on - roll off roofs.
We specialise mainly in bespoke buildings. If you would like to have a building built to your dimensions or specifications whether it be a small kennel or a 6 bedroom log cabin then please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Further support information can also be found by clicking on the "i" icon.
Delivery: Please Enquire
Do you have any questions?
We are very proud of our knowledge and experience, if you have any questions on this product please let us know and we'll be pleased to help.
(local rates apply) Mon - Fri 0900-1700 Sat - Sun 1000-1600
PRICE MATCHING We have dedicated staff who carefully monitor competitor prices. If you have found a better price, please let us know so we can try to beat it for you.