The customer was very security conscious and asked us to make a secure shed. This shed of 1.83m x 1.22m (6'x4') fits the bill. Using our standard 22mm T&G cladding and high level windows along with our substantial 50mmx50mm framing fits the bill, also included was a five lever mortise lock.
The main features of this particular shed combination are:
- 22mm T&G cladding on a heavy duty frame
- 12mm T&G floor and roof
- High level security windows
- Drip strip above the Framed, ledged and braced door
- 5 lever mortise lock
- Bolted through hinges
All our sheds are manufactured in our own workshops to the highest of standards in the old fashioned way. Each building is lovingly hand made by trained carpenters with selected, 5th grade redwood cladding on a substantial heavy duty frame. Every building is made specifically for a customer on order and is tailored to your own individual requirements.
All our own manufactured buildings feature the following as standard;
- Heavy duty high grade and planed smooth framing of 2"x2" (50 x 50mm) as standard through out.
- Clad in 22mm 5th Grade matching Tongue and groove boards, well seasoned Swedish red wood pine to ensure relatively knot free boards. Option Tanalising is available. The boards are secured to the framing by high quality galvanised nails.
- Roofs are manufactured from 12mm tongue and groove boards of the same quality as our cladding, Our roofs are then covered with 20kg green roofing felt as standard however a higher quality, heavy duty felt is available as are also felt tiles. Roofs can even be adapted to take heavier coverings such as clay pan tiles.
- Floors: Are of 12mm tongue and groove boarding as standard. 16mm boards are available if required for extra durability. The floor is supported on close centred 2"x1½" (50 x 38mm) rough sawn pressure treated joists .
- Windows: All our windows are hand made in the old fashioned way using mortice and tennon joints and secured with high quality wood glue and star dowells. Each window has drip sills under the glass. The glass is beaded with mitred beading on a bed of silicone. Double glazing can also be supplied if required
- Doors: Standard doors are 5'10" high x 2'6" wide (1554 x 792mm) made from
12mm tongue and groove boards on a fully framed, ledged and braced structure
and hung on three galvanized tee hinges. All doors are fitted with a rim keyed
lock and round handle as standard. Drip strips above for added weather
If you are interested in a bespoke shed then please contact us to discuss your own requirements such as the layout of the building, as many permeations are possible. You may have additional requirements such as alternative cladding, security hinges, double doors, stable doors, heavy duty locks, security windows or skylights. Several other options are also available; strengthened floors, partitions, and even roll on - roll off roofs.
We specialise mainly in bespoke buildings. If you would like to have a building built to your dimensions or specifications whether it be a small kennel or a 6 bedroom log cabin then please contact us to discuss your requirements.