Deep Root Vegetable Planter 1.8m - 1.8m x 0.70m x 0.80m
Our Deep Root Vegetable Planter (1.8m) is perfect for growing all types of vegetables especially 'deep rooted vegetables' such as potatoes, carrots, parsnips, cucumbers, turnips, squash, asparagus, pumpkins and sweet potatoes.It is made in the UK from pressure treated timber that has been sourced from well managed forests, this quality wooden planter is also avaliable in a smaller 1.0m length. The raised planter looks great and will ensure that your veggies have enough room to properly root in which is great for getting involved in the "grow your own" movement.
This timber vegetable planter is attractive in your garden but also offers a variety of practical benefits, by creating your own self-contained planting area where you can choose which soil and fertilizer you want to use. You can protect your vegetables from weeds and diseases as it isolates your vegetables from the beds in your garden. The soil within this planter will become warmer earlier in the season as the beds are raised above ground level, this allows you to start planning your planting schedule earlier in the year.This deep root wooden planter stands at 800mm tall which is perfect for those not able to bend easily.
- Perfect for growing deep rooted vegetables
- Planter stands just a few inches shy of 3 feet - no need to bend or kneel
- Self contained planting area
- Protection against weeds and diseases
- Raised above ground level
- Pressure treated FSC timber
- Prevented against rotting
- Easy to add your own choice of compost, fertiliser and soil
- Compost & fertiliser will not become compacted unlike common garden soil, allowing it to be easier to dig and provide more nutrients to your plants.
- Height: 0.80m
- Width: 1.8m
- Depth: 0.70m
- Timber Sides: 18mm
- Legs: 75mm x 22mm
- Top Trim: 75mm x 22mm
- Growing Depth: 380mm approx
* This manufacturer charges extra for delivery to the Scottish Highlands. These postcodes are: AB, IV, KA, KW, FK, PA, PH. If this relates to you, please click Zone B in the delivery option below. For all other postcodes please click Zone A. There may be a delay in your delivery if this is not checked at point of order