This beach hut was designed to house goats at the London Zoo. This unusual project has sparked a lot of interest as these pretty beach huts could be used as sheds or unique summerhouses. Of course this design only shows one customers particular tastes and requirements however our bespoke workshops can manufacture almost anything to meet your requirements.
The main features of this particular beach hut are:
- Available in either 12mm cladding as standard, however there is an optional 22mm thick T&G wall cladding available.
- A substantial 50x50mm frame
- 50x50mm PSE roof purlins with a 50x50mm PSE A-frame truss
- 34x50mm Rough sawn pressure treated floor joists
- Small 40cm front veranda (not included in dimensions)
- Decorative bargeboards
- Unusual double doors with one part as a stable door
- Doors are framed, ledged and feature brass pin-tee hinges and a galvanised sliding pad bolt
- 22mm Heavy duty cladding
- Pressure treated stilted easy base with steps (shown in photo's)
- The building does not come painted as standard however we can offer a painted option, please contact us for details.
Unfortunately our beach huts cannot be tanalised.
- Exterior Wall Dimensions 1.5x1.5m (4'11x4'11)
- Wall Height: 1.93m (76")
- Ridge Height: 2.34m (92")
- Veranda: 40cm (15.7")
All our sheds are manufactured in our own workshops to the highest of standards in the old fashioned way. Each building is lovingly hand made by trained carpenters with selected, 5th grade redwood cladding on a substantial heavy duty frame. Every building is made specifically for a customer on order and is tailored to your own individual requirements.
All our own manufactured buildings feature the following as standard;
- Heavy duty framing of 2"x2" (50 x 50mm) as standard with top and bottom rails of 2"x1½" (50 x 38mm).the timber is of a high grade and planed smooth.
- Clad in 12mm 5th Grade Tongue and Grooved Shiplap, well seasoned Swedish red wood pine to ensure relatively knot free boards. An option of 22mm cladding is available if required as is Tanalising. The boards are secured to the framing by high quality galvanised nails.
- Roofs are manufactured from 12mm tongue and groove boards of the same quality as our cladding ,an exterior grade 11mm O.S. Board is also available at no extra cost should you require this. Our roofs are then covered with 20kg green roofing felt as standard however a higher quality, heavy duty felt is available as are also felt tiles. Roofs can even be adapted to take heavier coverings such as clay pan tiles.
- Floors: Are of 12mm tongue and groove boarding as standard. A 11mm O.S. Board of exterior quality is available if required as is either 19mm or 22mm boards for extra durability. The floor is supported on close centred 2"x1½" (50 x 38mm) planed floor joists. .
- Windows: All our windows are hand made in the old fashioned way using mortice and tennon joints and secured with high quality wood glue and star dowells. Each window has drip sills under the glass. The glass is beaded with mitred beading on a bed of silicone. Double glazing can also be supplied if required
- Doors: Standard doors are 5'10" high x 2'6" wide (1554 x 792mm) made from 12mm tongue and groove boards on a fully framed, ledged and braced structure and hung on three galvanized tee hinges. All doors are fitted with a mortise keyed lock and round handle as standard. Drip strips above for added weather protection
If you are interested in a bespoke shed then please contact us to discuss your own requirements such as the layout of the building, as many permeations are possible. You may have additional requirements such as alternative cladding, security hinges, double doors, stable doors, heavy duty locks, security windows or skylights. Several other options are also available; strengthened floors, partitions, and even roll on - roll off roofs.
We specialise mainly in bespoke buildings. If you would like to have a building built to your dimensions or specifications whether it be a small kennel or a 6 bedroom log cabin then please contact us to discuss your requirements.