Larger Image Below
Shepherds Hut Studio
The Shepherd's Hut Studio characterised by the curved roof provides an interesting style of garden building. A versatile building, perfect for use as a studio or as an alternative to the conventional garden shed. In a traditional style dating back to the nineteenth century, the Shepherd's Hut features as standard half glazed double doors, which can be positioned in the front or side, two opening windows and antique hinges. These are manufactured in our own workshops to the highest of standards in the old fashioned way. Each building is lovingly hand made by trained carpenters using selected 5th grade 12mm redwood cladding.
There are many configurations available for the Shepherds Hut; the images show just two of these variations. Every building is made specifically for each customer, please contact us to discuss your exact requirements. Please note this building does not come painted as standard however we can offer a painted option, contact us for details.
The Shepherd's Hut features the following as standard:
Please note: The Shepherds Hut Studio
is fully bespoke and can be made to any size.
- Framing: Heavy duty framing of 2"x2" (50 x 50mm) as standard with top and bottom rails of 2"x1½" (50 x 38mm). The timber is of a high grade and planed smooth.
- Cladding: 12mm 5th Grade Tongue and Grooved Shiplap, well seasoned Swedish red wood pine to ensure relatively knot free boards.
- Roof: Manufactured from 12mm T&G boards of the same quality as our cladding ,an exterior grade 11mm O.S. Board is also available at no extra cost should you require this. Our roofs are then covered with 20kg green roofing felt as standard however a higher quality, heavy duty felt is also available as an upgrade.
- Floors: 12mm T&G boarding as standard, supported on close centred 2"x1½" (50 x 38mm) planed floor joists or 16mm boards for extra durability.
- Windows: Available in shed (24"x24") or potting shed (36"x24") styles. All our windows are hand made in the old fashioned way using mortice and tenon joints and secured with high quality wood glue and star dowels. Each window has drip sills under the glass. The glass is beaded with mitred beading on a bed of silicone. Double glazing can also be supplied if required
- Doors: Standard doors are 5'10" high x 2'6" wide (1554 x 792mm) made from 12mm tongue and groove boards on a fully framed, ledged and braced structure and hung on three galvanized tee hinges. All doors are fitted with a mortise keyed lock and round handle as standard. Drip strips above for added weather protection
- 22mm Heavy Duty Cladding
- Heavy Duty Flooring in 16mm
- Heavy Duty Roofing Felt
- Toughened Glass
- Painted finish
Further available options include security hinges, stable doors, heavy duty locks, security windows, skylights, partitions, and even roll on - roll off roofs.
We specialise mainly in bespoke buildings. If you would like to have a
building built to your dimensions or specifications whether it be a small
kennel or a 6 bedroom log cabin then please contact us to discuss your
Hand Made Building Made to Order
A manufacturers brochure can be downloaded by clicking on the PDF icon.
Further support information can also be found by clicking on the "i" icon.
Delivery: Custom made to order
Do you have any questions?
We are very proud of our knowledge and experience, if you have any questions on this product please let us know and we'll be pleased to help.
(local rates apply) Mon - Fri 0900-1700 Sat - Sun 1000-1600
FITTING SERVICE is available across the UK on many our Summerhouses. This can include fitting of the building. Please contact us for a quote.
PRICE MATCHING We have dedicated staff who carefully monitor competitor prices. If you have found a better price, please let us know so we can try to beat it for you.